General Manager Distribution Center Operations
Location: University Park, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a General Manager Distribution Center Operations in our University Park IL facility. This individual will act as building owner and be responsible for all aspects of a multi-customer building with both Consumer Packaged Goods and Healthcare customers.
- Provide leadership that drives operational excellence, continual improvement, and teamwork throughout the Logistics Center.
- Manage the Facility’s entire P&L budget.
- Ensure that the Logistics Center meets all of its financial performance objectives through the development and implementation of a sound budget, managing variances effectively without compromising customer needs, and holding the Facility’s management team accountable for their role in attaining these goals.
- Define appropriate metrics and ensure the proper monitoring controls are in place to regularly measure the Facility’s performance.
- Ensure that operational processes and procedures are adjusted according to performance reports in order to drive a consistent process strategy throughout operations focusing on continual improvement.
- Proactively establish and foster the customer relationship through personal communication and involvement, and help to identify opportunities for additional business growth.
- Create a proactive culture of safety throughout the Logistics Center which involves all management levels. Hold the management team accountable for ensuring that all required safety training takes place and the facility is in compliance with all safety regulations.
- Actively develop the management team through the use of learning and development programs, customer exposure and involvement in operations initiatives.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit the highest caliber talent and actively participate in creating a workplace that sustains employee morale, commitment, and retention.
Desired Skills & Experience
Candidates selected to interview for this highly visible position will possess the following requirements:
- BA in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of a proven successful track record in a high volume logistic(s) center
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience
- Prior P&L responsibility
- Strong leadership skills with the knowledge of all facets of warehouse operations
- Customer focused with strong customer interaction capabilities
- Strong planning, organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, RF and warehouse management systems (WMS) experience required, experience in a food grade or healthcare warehouse environment a plus.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Relocation assistance is available.
Please send email to email@example.com
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth.