Lead Forklift Operator (2nd shift)
Location: Romeoville, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opening for a Lead Forklift Operator at our Logistics Center in Romeoville, Illinois.
2nd shift hours are 2 pm - 10 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Experienced Forklift Operator knowledgeable in all warehouse activities and equipment
- Safe work record
- Must be in good standing
- Must have been in current position for at least 6 months
- Meets and/or exceeds performance standards
- Six months of experience in a warehouse environment
- Basic clerical, math, reading and communication skills. High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of computers; familiarity with AS400 WMS system required
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve work-related issues
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods as required by supervisor
- Good communications skills
- Able to direct all aspect of operation to a group of Forklift Operators and balance workloads within inventory and project duties.
- Pick, replenish, put away, inbound and outbound customer product
- Follow best practices and quality procedures
- Work safely
- Communicate problems, concerns and ideas to management
- Identify process improvements
- Accountable for inventory accuracy
Please send email to email@example.com
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V