Shipping and Receiving Clerk (1st shift)
Location: Perris, California
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opening for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk at our Logistics Center in Perris, California.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact for all incoming and outgoing drivers. The clerk is responsible for completing paperwork, maintaining schedules, and ensuring all paperwork is complete and error free. The clerk provides information both internally and externally as needed.
- Sign driver in and out of the facility; verifying all paperwork
- Assign dock doors to the inbound and outbound loads
- Maintain door accuracy and yard report for trailer inventory
- Process Bill of Lading and associated shipping and receiving documents
- Reconcile inbounds with packing slips and coordinate drop lot activity
- Coordinating moves on the yard for the spotter/yard jockey
- Provide a strong level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain Inbound and Outbound Schedules
- Work closely with shift management and leads to accomplish shift goals
- Report errors and/or issues to appropriate member of leadership to ensure accuracy
- Participate in all training programs provided
- Performs all duties in a safe and timely manner
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required
- PC Experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous AS400 and/or warehouse management systems (WMS) experience preferred
- Basic math and reading skills necessary
- Detailed oriented with the ability to perform multiple task in fast moving environment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external customers
Please send email to email@example.com
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V