Lead Warehouse (Weekend Shift)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opportunity for the position of a Lead Warehouse (Weekend Shift, Friday-Sunday 6am-6pm) for our Middletown, PA, Logistics Center.
Provide work direction to operation employees on issues concerning their individual responsibilities as well as other duties. Lead by example through training and assistance. Perform all functions performed by operation employees in a cooperative and lead work manner. Provide positive and corrective feedback on employee performance and behavior to LMI/LMII in an honest, timely and thorough manner
- Ability to operate all material handling equipment and perform all warehouse jobs using appropriate equipment (i.e. sit-down, stand-up, reach, and cherry picker).
- Providing leadership and guidance to shift employees.
- Follow specific work instructions and best practices to safely and accurately complete daily work assignments in a timely manner.
- Support all operational processes and procedures to ensure value to the customer and compliance with all DSC policies, customer requirements and federal/state/local regulations.
- Performing clerical task such as calculating daily operations numbers, preparing paperwork, and ensuring system accuracy.
- Participate in and sustain 5S and other lean initiatives as needed.
- Participate in training programs and continual improvement activities.
- Supporting DSC’s Onboarding Program.
- Champion DSC’s MV2P and Six Strengths.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Exercise professionalism in all situations and in all forms of communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Lift up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Experience with RF and WMS required.
- Basic math and reading skills to perform job tasks and complete necessary paperwork.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V