Supply Chain Analyst
Location: Corporate -- Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opening in our Supply Chain Solutions organization for an Analyst. This position will be located in our corporate offices in Des Plaines, Illinois. As a member of the solutions team, the candidate will be responsible for data mining and analysis to uncover operational and customer targets that aim at improving margin, reducing costs, and delivering creative and dynamic solutions for our customers. He/she will be responsible for developing, analyzing, and presenting solutions projects through collaboration with internal departments such as Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Engineering, Finance, Business Process Integration, and Operations teams. The selected candidate will interact with all levels of business professionals within the organization.
- Analyze customer supply chain data by utilizing static and dynamic tools, mapping software, spreadsheets, and databases
- Research “Best in Class" supply chain practices and identify and apply those practices in developing supply chain solutions
- Develop quantitative supply chain operational and customer solutions through collaboration with external and internal customers
- Communicate and present solutions and improvements to internal and external customers
- Coordinate and implement warehouse, transportation, and supply chain consulting projects
- Support Supply Chain and Transportation Modeling projects
Candidates selected to interview for the Supply Chain Analyst must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Economics, Supply Chain, or Logistics)
- 1-3 years job-relevant experience
- Strong project management and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation), with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team
- Strong problem solving skills, proven ability to identify and resolve problems in a creative, proactive and timely manner, gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Analytical thinker, detail-oriented, proven ability as a creative problem solver.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
Please send email to email@example.com
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V