Location: Corporate Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opportunity for a HR/Office Coordinator at our Corporate headquarters located in Des Plaines, Illinois.
Under direct supervision, performs routine to moderately difficult clerical duties; alphabetizes, files, processes invoices and assists with entering benefits enrollments; serves as mail and stock clerk.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Mail Room Coordination & Reception Desk Back-up
Receive, sort and distribute mail / packages to corporate departments. Prepare mail for US Postal Service, UPS and FedEx pick up. Drop off mail to local post office, as needed on early closing days.
Research returned mail, follow up with HR person at location to verify address on file and request updated information as needed. Research former employee returned mail – internet searches, call last number on file, etc. and notify appropriate parties of updated information.
Cover reception desk for daily breaks, including lunch
- HR and Benefits Administration SupportMonitor the Benefits email box for enrollment and dependent documentation or questions. Refer questions not related to enrollment to other team members as appropriate. Monitor pending benefits enrollments in the Autobene / eElect system. Follow-up with local HR to advise them of any documentation or information needed to complete the enrollment. On a biweekly basis assemble and mails Summary for Separating Employees packet to former employees.
Process One Year Anniversary benefit election form in the enrollment system. Send out notices to employees and HR to notify them enrollment due date. Track enrollments and send reminders, as needed. Collect and proof forms and applicable documentation.
Audit dependents who will age out of our plans, process coverage drop and send letter to employees to notify them of the change.
Assist with printing and mailing of HR/Benefits related materials to various locations, such as posters. Assist with departmental filing. Update contact lists – mail distribution, vendors contact, HR team members, etc.
- General Corporate Office Management SupportReview, stock and order office supplies as needed (copy supplies, binding materials, paper, name plates, coffee supplies, etc.). Re-stock kitchens on a daily basis. Escort delivery drivers who enter the building for any deliveries throughout the day or as scheduled.
Review and process various monthly vendor bills including but not limited to; office suppliers, coffee suppliers, benefits vendor, postage meter and FedEx. Ensure proper coding of information for processing with Accounts Payable, make a copy of check and mail to vendor in a timely manner. File information as appropriate.
Provide assistance at Corporate office events (setup, cleanup), as needed.
- High School Degree
- 1-2 years of experience in a clerical role working in an office setting
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and prioritizing skills, able to adapt to changing priorities and work on multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communications skills (able to compose and edit correspondence and communications).
- Excellent customer skills with the ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Reports to Director, Compensation/Benefits/HRIS
- Sr. Director of Employee Relations
- VP, Human Resources
- Corporate Managers and Corporate Employees
- Field HR Team
- Field Employees
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V