Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
Location: Corporate -- Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opening for an Administrative Assistant for Human Resources at our headquarters location, Des Plaines, Illinois. The Administrative Assistant is to provide high-level administrative support for the Vice President, Human Resources, Senior Director of Employee Relations and any additional support as required by Field and Corporate HR, and manage general department clerical needs.
- Provide administrative support including screening phone calls, managing calendars, making copies, coordinating meetings and conference calls.
- Create and maintain personnel files; gather and track receipt of documents to ensure files are current.
- Manage heavy volume of filing and maintain comprehensive filing systems of documents.
- Edit and proof documents; compose letters, memos and other communications as requested.
- Process expense reports for VP of Human Resources and Senior Director of Employee Relations.
- Coordinate and secure travel arrangements as needed.
- Build and cultivate positive relationships with other assistants, colleagues and clients.
- Act as a point of contact between Corporate and Field HR and internal and external customers, including other senior executives.
- Anticipate and manage the logistics of meetings, events and appointments, including booking facilities, catering, AV equipment, and materials preparation.
- Screen and distribute incoming calls, emails and mail for the HR Team. Review and prioritize all incoming correspondence. Determine actions required and follow through to completion.
- Monitor expenditures for the Human Resources department and process invoices and check requests in a timely fashion.
- Process all Tuition Reimbursement Applications in a timely fashion and in accordance with Tuition Policy.
- Order and monitor office supplies and equipment for HR Department.
- Interpret basic administrative and operating policies for employees as appropriate.
- Prior Executive Assistant experience with a minimum of 6 years of progressively complex administrative work (preferably supporting an HR department or Executive level management).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain advanced degree of confidentiality and function independently a must.
- Must be highly organized, able to prioritize and multitask efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Possess proactive skills to anticipate needs and strong time management skills.
- Able to easily adapt to new procedures, processes, and work flows.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required.
- Must have a strong customer focus, highly-developed interpersonal skills and be a team player.
Please send email to email@example.com
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V