Location: Corporate -- Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain.
AWESOME is a leadership initiative focused on advancing women supply chain leaders and transforming the future of supply chain leadership. The AWESOME network has grown to include more than 900 senior-level leaders representing the full spectrum of supply chain organizations and leadership roles. The AWESOME mission includes advancing progress for women's supply chain leadership through networking, collaboration, awareness, recognition, learning and inspiration. AWESOME was launched in 2013 by Ann Drake, CEO of DSC Logistics. Recognizing that the supply chain field is at a critical point to realize the full potential of women as leaders, she set out to transform the leadership landscape. Through AWESOME, Drake and other leaders serve as role models and strong proponents of the advancement of women in logistics and supply chain management and related fields. For more information:
We currently have an opening for a Director, Communications at our corporate office located in Des Plaines, Illinois. This position will assist in developing and executing the marketing and communications strategies necessary to achieve DSC's and AWESOME's goals and initiatives. This role requires a strategic thinker and a passionate brand ambassador who will be able to develop and implement strategic processes for customer, member and employee engagement, public relations, and event execution. The individual will be an integrated part of the DSC Marketing Communications team responsible for partnering with DSC’s Senior Director, Marketing Communications and AWESOME's Executive Director and Director of Member Engagement and Sponsorships to develop and execute strategies that will enable organization objectives.
- To contribute to the development and execution of a holistic marketing communication strategy to enhance audience engagement, sponsorships, and visibility of the organization.
- Participate in and lead content development efforts for DSC, and serve as a key contributing writer. Assist with content development and review for AWESOME.
- Write stories and posts for websites, announcements and social media
- Create and issue approved press releases; monitor and report media, social media and target audience press release engagement.
- Support the planning and execution of a holistic brand strategy for DSC and AWESOME which includes a portfolio of key information and communication pieces as approved by executive leaders. Establish process for ongoing review and maintenance of all elements of the brand strategy.
- Enhance the use of technology that advances DSC's and AWESOME's objectives, meets budget requirements, and improves efficiency in areas such as marketing automation, contact database management, website hosting/design, social media and event management.
- Act as initial point of contact for external queries from media, potential network members, and others including requests for speakers.
- Identify and recommend ongoing process improvements.
- Coordinate and communicate meeting and event schedules with executive leaders, advisory board members, speakers, event teams, DSC teams, and others, as needed.
- Partner with other DSC Marketing Communication team members for graphic design, website and social media management, print and promotional item execution, physical distribution and other resources as needed.
- Participate in event execution, including preparation of materials, assisting with event registration, set-up and tear-down of activities.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the supply chain field is preferred.
- 10 years’ of marketing experience with some management responsibility.
- Experience in project management and strong process excellence.
- Solid knowledge of marketing automation, CRM, and social media management.
- Experience in developing and managing communication and branding strategies.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and work independently as needed.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and effectiveness under pressure and flourish in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal communications, written communications, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with and influence senior management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with strong skills in Excel, Word and Power Point .
Please send email to email@example.com
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V