Location: Corporate -- Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opportunity for a Process Trainer within our Corporate Office in Des Plaines, Illinois. This individual will act as the living repository of DSC’s Best Practices & System Functionality. He/she will perform the full scope of activities required to provide training on new and existing company operations. The Process Trainer will also coordinate and/or support the development and refinement of Best Practices within our Logistics Centers.
Responsibilities of the Process Trainer include:
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and training resource for DSC Best Practices and technologies
- Assists new operations in developing strong adherence and execution of DSC Best Practices
- Works with startup, operational, and corporate teams throughout the startup phase in order to identify and establish customer and consignee requirements for each account/Logistics Center
- Analyzes and interprets operational needs by gathering process information from SME’s (Subject Matter Experts), in IT, Operations, Engineering, and Transportation
- Utilizes the information gathered to identify and develop DSC’s Best Practices
- Provides formal project status updates to internal customers and managers according to project
- Works with LCs experiencing high turnover or poor execution to train and improve understanding and utilization of DSC systems and Best Practices
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s in Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing, Training, or a related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations, Warehousing, Transportation or Distribution (experience with Customer Integration projects is preferred)
- Previous experience leading effective training sessions within an Operations environment required
- Writing skills for project reporting and to support the documentation of Best Practices
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), JDA/RedPrairie, AS/400 a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams (previous team lead experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, multitask, and effectively prioritize daily work load in a fast paced environment
- Overall travel around 25-50% with flexibility to travel up to 75% at times
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V