Logistics Manager I (2nd, 3rd and Wednesday-Saturday shift)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have opportunities for a Logistics Manager I at our Atlanta, Georgia, Logistics Center (near airport).
Available shifts are:
- 2nd shift, 4 pm to 12 am
- 3rd shift, 12 am to 8 am
- Wednesday through Saturday, 6 am to 4 pm
Responsible for coaching, motivating and leading warehouse employees to accomplish the productivity goals for the building. Establish a culture of positive employee relations while ensuring all processes, best practices, and policies are adhered to consistently. Foster a safe and healthy work environment. Use management tools including labor management, ADP, WMS and other appropriate systems to effectively manage the shift /functional area.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Manager I include:
- Responsible for all aspects of operations including partnering with clients and internal departments to achieve productivity, pricing, quality and safety goals
- Analyze data and prioritize work assignments to direct the daily plan of action for the shift or functional area
- Coach, motivate, develop and manage warehouse associates
- Manage value-added projects assigned to shift
- Lead operational improvement and company change initiatives
- Foster a participative and goal-driven work environment characterized by teamwork, partnership and accountability for achieving goals
- May take on special assignments such as Loss Prevention Coordinator, Process Captain, or other roles as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of warehouse/distribution supervisory experience, including directing, training and developing inventory control team
- PC proficiency with experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint and Excel ) as well as RF/Barcode/WMS experience & Lot code experience
- Experience measuring inventory performance, accuracy and cycle counting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Reports to Logistics Manager II or III
- Hourly Employees
- Human Resources
- Staffing Agency Representatives
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V