Shift Supervisor (Logistics Center)
Location: University Park, IL
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opportunity for a Shift Supervisor for our University Park, IL Logistics Center. Shift Supervisor is responsible for coaching, motivating and leading warehouse employees to accomplish the productivity goals for the building. Establish a culture of positive employee relations while ensuring all processes, best practices, and policies are adhered to consistently. Foster a safe and healthy work environment. Use management tools including labor management, ADP, WMS and other appropriate systems to effectively manage the shift /functional area.
Responsibilities of the Shift Supervisor include:
- Responsible for all aspects of operations including partnering with clients and internal departments to achieve productivity, pricing, quality and safety goals
- Analyze data and prioritize work assignments to direct the daily plan of action for the shift or functional area
- Coach, motivate, develop and manage warehouse associates
- Manage value-added projects assigned to shift
- Lead operational improvement and company change initiatives
- Foster a participative and goal-driven work environment characterized by teamwork, partnership and accountability for achieving goals
- May take on special assignments such as Loss Prevention Coordinator, Process Captain, or other roles as assigned.
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or related field
- Two or more years of supervisory experience with demonstrated skills in using data to analyze root causes to resolve problems
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop a collaborative team
- WMS Proficiency and Red Prairie system experience required
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint)
- Experience in inventory control management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a process- improvement approach
- Willingness to change and lead others through change.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V