Learning and Development Manager
Location: Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
This position will be responsible for managing the end-to-end learning & development processes including design, development, delivery and project management for training and development initiatives.
Key Job Responsibilities
Job Requirements and Experience
- Training Needs Analysis
Collaborate with business leaders and managers on learning strategies to drive
business results. Identify training needs and the skill sets required for employees to be successful.
- Curriculum Design and Development
Design creative solutions which include a blended approach to learning such as
coaching, classroom training, action-learning and e-learning. Prepare instructional
materials, job aids, handouts and visual job aids. Create and deliver cutting edge
training using a variety of technology such streaming video products, advanced webinar
software and social media.
- Training Delivery and Facilitation
Facilitate training programs and blended solutions. Manage the successful delivery of
projects and initiatives using an effective balance of internal and external resources.
- Learning Administration
Lead the effort to research, select and implement a Learning Management System.
Create and maintain learning events and activities. Maintain course descriptions,
calendars, rosters, and schedules. Enroll participants into learning events and
activities.Identify opportunities to streamline, simplify, and improve learner / participant experiences. Train others on how to utilize LMS, per their role and permissions
- Reporting and Evaluation
Generate and distribute standard reports. Develop new reporting and evaluation
methods to determine the ROI of training programs.
- BS/BA degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Learning & Development role designing and
delivering a variety of training solutions
- Experience in instructional design and the application of fundamental adult
learning principles both at the individual and organizational level.
- Experience in management development and soft skills training
- Experience and knowledge of methodologies and tools in:
eLearning, Virtual training , LMS / management tool administration
- Understanding and application of individual and team development methods
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple complex
projects with strict deadlines
- Program and curriculum design (individual and organizational level)
- E-learning Design/Development - Basic abilities in Articulate, Captivate or other
e-learning development tools
- Training Facilitation - Delivers training in a professional and engaging manner;
demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter and content.
- Understands group dynamics and provides a positive learning environment,
exudes enthusiasm for DSC values.
- Collaborative work style with ability to solicit input, influence, and support
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Articulate and confident standing up and delivering to large audiences
- Results driven and proactive, with the ability to work both independently and in a
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.