LTL Carrier Procurement Analyst
Location: Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opportunity for an LTL Carrier Procurement Analyst at our Transportation Management Center in Des Plaines, IL. Successful candidates for this role will be detail oriented and able to work in an environment of change and growth. Responsibilities of the LTL Carrier Procurement Analyst include:
- Source LTL carriers, negotiate rates, manage contracts, terms of service and renewals
- Maintain relationships with LTL carrier base and collaborate on continual improvement initiatives
- Develop and execute LTL negotiation strategies which will include targets for pricing, service, quality, performance, and compliance
- Provide market intelligence and price trends through external research, benchmarking and analyzing cost drivers.
- Develop and execute LTL RFP’s as necessary
- Communicate industry and regulatory issues that may affect LTL capacity and rates
- Act as the escalation point to resolve service issues from operations
- Create and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and KPI’s
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to be assigned periodically
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration for this position:
- 5-7 years of LTL experience in Transportation, Logistics, or related field
- Extensive experience with LTL rate negotiations and pricing models with a firm understanding of Tariffs, Freight Classifications, Regional/National Carriers and their Service Areas
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team
- Excellent interpersonal and disciplined problem solving skills
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to assist management with research and development of new techniques and procedures to increase the efficiency of our regional transportation operations and solutions
- Understanding of TMS systems and technologies, MercuryGate experience a plus
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. .
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V