Location: Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an opening for a Documentation Specialist within our Corporate Office in Des
Plaines,IL. This position provides design, creation, and revisions of documentation for DSC. Additionally,
this position will provide hands-on support for the development of DSC and customer specific
documentation aimed at providing long-term sustainability for the execution of key processes at DSC.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain files of work and revisions.
- Review, edit, standardize, and/or make changes to material prepared by other DSC personnel.
- Obtain screen prints, select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Assist with required documentation for startup operations.
- Participate in project teams to identify and ensure effective development of the documentation needs for IT Improvements, APEX projects, as well as other initiatives as required.
- Create customer specific documentation to help ensure the sustained ability to execute the contractual as well as day-to-day business requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation related to compliance with local, state, and national government regulations. Examples include: OSHA, FDE, VAWD, DEA, EPA, DOT.
- Conduct audits of documentation related to compliance requirements.
- Supports the organization and maintenance of the Documentation Repository and documentation availability through the site.
- Develop and maintain process and best practices documentation.
- Develop and maintain e-forms.
- Perform other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements for consideration for this position
- Bachelor’s degree, English, Journalism or Sciences preferred
- 1 to 3 years prior experience in technical writing
- Excellent grammar and writing skills with ability to write at various education levels
- Must be able to demonstrate high degree of accuracy with little rework
- Excellent listening and translation skills
- Strong analytical skills – must be methodical and process driven
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please email resume to email@example.com
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V