Logistics Quality Manager
Location: Champaign, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Logistics Quality Manager in our Champaign, IL Logistics Center. This individual will be responsible for developing, implementing, and ensuring the effectiveness of quality, food safety, sanitation, pest control, and Good Manufacturing Practices. Planning and auditing skills are essential in accessing safe quality products of our customer.
Responsible for coaching, motivating and leading warehouse employees to accomplish the productivity goals for the building. Establish a culture of positive employee relations while ensuring all processes, best practices, and policies are adhered to consistently. Foster a safe and healthy work environment. Use management tools including labor management, ADP, WMS and other appropriate systems to effectively manage the shift /functional area.
- Conduct/complete daily physical inventory counts hold products
- Interacts with key customer to ensure customer satisfaction is met and appropriate service levels are maintained
- Assists in month end closing process, physical inventories, and customer reporting as required
- Heavy focus on oversight of physical segregation and release of hold products
- Communicates customer requirements to operations, provide appropriate support and resolves customer issues.
- Maintain close coordination with internal/external quality assurance and inventory control personnel, DSC Facility leaders, varying customer entities regarding product hold management
- Serve as the conduit of product hold information between DSC and Customer entities as directed
- Ensure consistency related to product hold processes
- Metric tracking and development
- Monitor product hold inventories ensure discrepant materials are properly managed.
- Audit hold product and perform hold counts
- Manage the destruction of customer product as necessary
- Coordinate returns to customer plants
- Inspect product, troubleshoot and investigate orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or related field
- 3 or more years’ experience in managing quality hold processes preferred
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office with heavy focus on Microsoft Excel/Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and team orientation
- Experience utilizing WMS with Product hold codes and restricted status
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility in scheduling, willing to work off schedule and hours
Please send resume to email@example.com.
The salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V