Lead Data Warehouse Developer
Location: Corporate -- Des Plaines, Illinois
DSC Logistics is a leader in transforming logistics and supply chain management into a critical business strategy based on collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and high-performance operations. DSC achieves the business goals of Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating, managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. As a Lead Logistics Partner (LLP) and third-party logistics (3PL) provider, DSC delivers value by reducing total system costs, optimizing business processes, facilitating growth and change, and maximizing the potential of the supply chain. In today’s environment, filled with rapid and unpredictable change, DSC helps customers achieve their goals by being ready for anything!
We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Lead Data Warehouse Developer in our Des Plaines, IL corporate headquarters. Candidates for this role must have a passion for the hands-on delivery of performance oriented ETL and Data Warehousing technology solutions. You will be a crucial facet of our growing Business Intelligence & Analytic Applications organization. This role serves as the technical steward and platform owner of DSC’s existing and future Data Warehousing and ETL platforms. The ideal candidate will have a broad set of ETL development, DBA, and data analysis skills with extensive hands-on expertise using the Microsoft SQL Server stack. If you enjoy building disruptive technology as part of an agile driven innovation team, please contact us!
Responsibilities of the Lead Data Warehouse Developer include:
- Own and drive the technical design, development, and day-to-day support of DSC’s Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated ETL processes.
- Analyze, tune and optimize ETL packages, Stored Procedures & SQL/C# scripts to ensure peak performance.
- Support ongoing data quality and data integrity initiatives through audit, balance, and control procedures, alerts and reports, and automated recovery.
- Occasional off-hours support as required to maintain platform and data availability.
- Serve as the team’s Application DBA supporting database upgrades and index optimization.
- Actively identify new technologies, frameworks, and platforms to support growth and expansion of the DSC Data Warehouse ecosystem.
Candidates selected to interview must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse ETL Development using commercial ETL tools, preferably SSIS 2012/2014
- Expert level SQL Scripting and Stored Procedure development skills, C# development skills a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience leading the architecture, construction, and deployment of an end-to-end ETL platform
- Comfortable working as both a collaborative team member and as a technical platform expert & owner
- Application and/or Production DBA skills, particularly with MS SQL Server, are strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills and fluent English verbal communication are required
- Prior experience working within a fast paced, rapidly evolving Agile environment is desired
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or MIS
Please send email to email@example.com
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V